King Springs Elementary Counselors’ Mission Statement:
In partnership with the community, we will develop our students’ excellence in academic, personal/social and career development. Counseling services will assist students in achieving their fullest potential by providing specialized interventions based on student needs.
King Springs Counselors believe:
- All students should be provided an equal opportunity to achieve their individual maximum potential.
- All students should be provided an equal opportunity to access all available counseling programs.
- All students need to be provided a safe, nurturing environment.
- Each child is an individual and needs differentiated instruction and strategies in order to succeed.
- All students should be prepared in problem-solving skills in order to deal with emotional, social, and academic situations in a changing world.
- All students have the right to a credentialed school counselor who collaborates with other educators, families and the community as an advocate for student success.
King Springs Comprehensive School Counseling Program should:
- Reach every student
- Be developmental and preventative in design
- Be conducted in collaboration with all stakeholders
- Use data to monitor student progress and influence program decisions.
- Celebrate students’ successes
King Springs Counselors will:
- Plan and manage the comprehensive school counseling program in collaboration with local school administrators and the school community.
- Abide by the professional school counseling ethics as advocated by the American School Counselors Association
- Participate in professional development activities essential to maintaining a quality school counseling program.
King Springs Counselors hold the philosophy that:
- Every student can achieve given the opportunity and the support needed to reach their maximum potential.
- All students need to feel successful.
- School Counselors provide support and help remove barriers to learning and all students should be provided an equal opportunity to access available counseling programs which support their particular needs.
- Every student has a reasonable expectation of a school environment providing safety, nurture, respect for individuals and strategies to meet their differentiated needs.